Fostering Economic Development in PBC
Startup Palm Beach is a soft place to land for early-stage entrepreneurs looking to take the next step toward building a business.
Our mission is to educate, connect and showcase entrepreneurs in Palm Beach County to help them succeed both in business and in life.
1. Build a robust entrepreneur ecosystem in Palm Beach County.
2. Empower early stage entrepreneurs by affording them opportunities to engage with an active startup community and connect with like-minded people.
3. Make strategic introductions by connecting startup founders with local and regional resources like investment organizations, coworking spaces, and business development programming.
4. Foster a culture of entrepreneurship by hosting regular events that help bring together top creative talent and business enthusiasts for the purposes of thought sharing and knowledge transfer.
5. Catalyze new businesses and drive economic development during its earliest stages.
- Startups and venture capitalists raise over $1.2MM in investment capital.
- Organized over 40 events.
- Hosted Global Entrepreneurship Week in 2012 & 2013.
- Distributed over $60,000 in grant money to startups.
- Connected job creators to new employees in banking, education and technology.
- Launched an incubator program in Downtown West Palm Beach.
- Executed a contract with the City of West Palm Beach to foster entrepreneurship.
- Received recognition from Palm Beach County Schools as candidate for partner of the year.
The United States of America was founded by brave visionaries that took risks and used new ideas to create a better future. These entrepreneurs are widely recognized as unleashing innovation, building the economy, creating jobs and expanding human welfare. Fact: New and young companies are the primary source of job creation in the U.S. Read The Importance of Young Firms for Economic Growth to learn more.